In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to give my list of things I am grateful for.
- My husband. Without him life would be so much more difficult and a lot less about laughing.
- My daughter. She has taught me to look at things differently and how to be close to another.
- My cat. Always unconditional love.
- My space. The house where I live, and the bits of it that are mine alone.
- My job. Challenging enough, interesting enough, pays enough, without absorbing every minute of my life.
- My friends. They are teaching me how to accept help.
- My spiritual community. The folks from my church who have been there for years.
- My music director. He is pushing me into ways I only dreamed of being.
- The trees. The one I park under, the one that shades my gazebo, the crabapple in the front yard that feeds the raccoons.
- My extended family. There aren’t so many of us anymore, but those that are left are connected in a way that is impossible to define.
- My family of choice. The people who celebrate and mourn with me, whom I choose to share myself and my life with.
- Books. The ideas of the world, accessible to everyone.
- My phone. Bringing me information when and where I need.
- Music. The soundtrack of my life.
- Coffee. The comfort, the warmth, the boost of energy.
- Those things that bring me joy. My new shower, my comfy bathrobe, doing yoga with my cat.
- My technology. Connecting me in ways that I never could have dreamed of.
- Creature comforts. My bed, warm sweaters, comfy chairs, heat, air conditioning…
- Freedom. Freedom to be who I am.
- My talents. They are being stretched and exercised and I am all the better for it.
Photo by Prairiekittin